In Spring 2015, Janet Ellis Beerman and William Bryan Ellis — representing the successors of William (Wolf) Israel, John Krentzman, and Samuel Baer — donated to the proceeds from the sale of land, located in West Blocton, AL, where the onetime Ah-Goodies Ah-Chem Synagogue stood (from 1905-1936). The name derived from the Hebrew for “League of Brothers” (Hebrew: אֲגוּדַת אַחִים, or commonly transliterated into English as: Agudas Achim). The earnings from this very kind gift, which established a support fund endowment, go toward addressing the financial needs of Department’s Judaic Studies minors. (Thanks to REL students Caity Bell and Ellie Cochran for the picture of the sign, form West Blocton, AL.)