Are you a student in an REL class this year (whether or not you;re a major or minor in our Department) who is game to write approx. 500 words on:
- How you found the study of religion at UA
- Aspects of the field that you found surprising
- Unexpected ways in which you might apply what you’ve learned
If so, then our Alum Liaison Committee, comprised of four REL grads,
wants to hear from you!
Annually, at the Department’s Honors Day ceremony, the members of the Alum Liaison Committee award a small number of prizes to the essays that they found most interesting, surprising, or even compelling.
Get more details on the award and consider applying.
Deadline: March 1, 2020.
Submissions should be sent to Prof. Vaia Touna (who will then share them with the committee); they must also contain:
- The student’s name, CWID, and email address
- The student’s College (A&S, Business, Nursing, Social Work, Engineering, etc.) as well as their Major/Minor
- The REL course/section in which the student was/is enrolled and its year/semester
- The student’s status (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior) at the time of their submission