Students seeking an M.A. degree in the study of religion at The University of Alabama must first have earned an undergraduate degree in either the academic study of religion or related field; they must also
- earn an acceptable score on either the Graduate Record Examination or the Miller Analogies Test
- submit a complete, official transcript
- submit a current resume/c.v.
- submit a statement of purpose/planned program of study (in addition to the cover letter)
- submit a writing sample
- submit 3 letters of reference
Only qualified students whose areas of interest intersect with REL faculty expertise will be admitted to the program; a supervisor will therefore be assigned as part of the admission process.